We have expanded our home loan offerings, giving you more possible routes to home and land ownership. See the options below!
And if you feel like home ownership is still out of reach, check out our First-Time Home Buyer Savings Account, an Oregon tax break to help you save money for your home.
Limited Time! $1,000 Home Appraisal Credit
Apply for a new mortgage or refinance your home by 12/31/2019 and receive an appraisal fee credit up to $1,000. Loan must fund by 2/28/2020 to receive credit. Credit is not to exceed actual appraisal cost. Apply today.
- Conventional: The classic mortgage, this option offers low fixed rates with a variety of terms. Ask us about our No Closing Cost Mortgage option if you don’t have the money for closing costs, or you want to save your money to spruce up your new home.
- Jumbo: Compete in our booming housing market with a fixed rate loan up to $850,000. The origination fee is $1,000 with 15- or 30-year terms.
- Homestretch: Refinance your existing mortgage, credit card or other loan debt to pay it off quickly with a low fixed rate, $1,000 flat fee, $150,000 maximum loan amount, 12-year maximum loan maturity, 75% maximum loan-to-value ratio and an option for an evaluation instead of a full appraisal. PNWFCU will be the first lien position.
- HomeReady™: Get your home with a down payment as low as 3%. Income of other household members, or co-borrowers who don’t live in the home, can help in qualifying. Additional income sources—such as rental payments from a basement apartment—may be considered, and you may be able to cancel your mortgage insurance. *Income limits may apply. HomeReady is a trademark of Fannie Mae.
- FHA: Through the Federal Housing Administration, you may qualify for a low down payment, with the option to use gift funds. You’ll enjoy a lower mortgage insurance rate than a conventional loan, and you can qualify with less than perfect credit, with up to 6% seller paid costs allowed.
- USDA: If you’re buying property in a rural location, you can move in with zero money down thanks to this loan, guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. You’ll also get lower interest and mortgage insurance rates than conventional loans.
- VA: Eligible veterans, reservists and active duty personnel and their eligible spouses can get 100% financing with a VA mortgage, guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs. You’ll pay zero money down, no mortgage insurance and a lower interest rate than a conventional loan.
- Construction: We can help you fund the construction on your dream house or do a big remodel with a loan fee of 1% and terms up to 12 months. With our single-close program, you’ll save on closing costs, you’ll lock in a rate earlier, and you won’t need to re-qualify at the end of the construction process.
- Land: If you’ve got your eye on a piece of land, take advantage of this loan to get a 5-year fixed rate, amortized over 20 years with a 5-year balloon, with a maximum loan amount of $150,000 and a loan fee of 1% with a minimum of $1,000.
A $5,000 Grant for Your First Home Purchase
With our Home$tart program, you can get up to $5,000 in grant funds for the down payment or closing costs on your first home. If you choose one of our low down payment home loan options, this grant may cover a big chunk of your up-front costs and help make home ownership a reality for you. See details and apply online to get started.
Purchase a home or refinance your existing mortgage balance by 12/31/19 and you may get a $1,500 credit toward closing costs. Contact us to find out if you qualify for the Duty to Serve FHFA/FNMA program available through PNWFCU.
Property Location / Maximum Borrower(s) Annual Income:
• Hood River County / $70,700
• Wasco County / $57,500
• Klickitat County / $64,300
• Skamania County / $87,900
A Better Way to Buy or Sell a Home!
If you’re buying or selling a home in Washington, the Cash Reward Program* can put cash back into your pocket. We’ll match you up with a realtor, and you’ll receive 20% of the gross commissions paid to your approved realtor within 30 days after closing. Depending on the cost of your home, your rebate could be huge. Plus, you can double dip if you’re buying and selling! There is no cost to you to enter this program, the realtors have pledged top-notch service, and you’ll get access to additional benefits like a Home Depot 10% discount.
*Cash Reward Program is a program provided by Prime Alliance Real Estate Services, LLC and is not affiliated with PNWFCU. Certain restrictions apply. Offers subject to change without notice. Available for Washington properties only.
- We know buying a home can be overwhelming. Readynest has tips and tools to help you find a home you can afford and love.
- Learn about the homebuying process on the KnowYourOptions site by Fannie Mae™.
- If you are having trouble making your mortgage payment due to a reduction in household income, PNWFCU may be able to help. Learn about avoiding foreclosure.
- Download our PNWFCU HomeSearch app to easily search active listings for sale, pending sales, and recently sold properties in the Pacific NW.
While we are proud to say we never sell the servicing of our conventional loans, so you can make your mortgage payments to us and not a third party, some of our other loan options will be serviced by a trusted third party to allow us to offer the greatest variety of options for you.
Speak to a Mortgage Loan Consultant
Ready to get started? Apply online or contact Michael or Raul, also available by appointment at any branch.