PNWFCU in the Community
We love supporting our local community! Here’s what the PNWFCU team has been up to lately.
- We hosted a financial reality fair at Parkrose High School to help students learn how to manage their money after graduation in a fun, interactive environment.
- Thank you to everyone who helped us raise over $500 for Doernbecher Children’s Hospital during Miracle Jeans Week.
- Our team had a great time donating backpacks and school supplies to the kids at Prescott Elementary School.
- Thank you to our members and staff who contributed to the KGW School Supply Drive. We collected several bins of supplies, helping the kids in our community get the supplies they need to learn and thrive this school year.
- Congrats to our 2019 PNWFCU scholarship winners, Amy Aichele (left) and Jenaya Watkins (right)! Amy and Jenaya were each awarded $1,000.
PNWFCU hosts financial reality fairs to help high schoolers experience some of the real-life financial challenges they will face after graduation.
Students receive a sample career and starting salary, and they visit various booths to buy basics like housing and utilities, as well as temptations like entertainment and travel packages. Throughout the day, they meet with financial counselors to review how well they are living within their budget.
Check out this video to see what a day at the reality fair is like, and what students have learned about managing their money.
Columbia River Gorge
Hood River 4-H Club; Hood River County Sheriff; Hood River Elementary School Auction; Hood River Farmers’ Market; Hood River Rotary Club; Relay for Life; Hood River High School Graduation Party
Future Business Leaders of America; Parkrose Educational Foundation; Parkrose Farmers’ Market; Parkrose Neighborhood Cleanup; PBA (Parkrose Business Association); PHS (Parkrose High School) Graduation Party; PHS Senior Project
American Cancer Society; Associates Foundation; Doernbecher Children’s Hospital; Kiwanis Children’s Cancer Program; Klineline Kids Fishing Nonprofit; Leach Botanical Garden; Lions Club; Schoolhouse Supplies; Shepherd’s Door; Trauma Intervention Program; World Forestry Center