PNWFCU in the Community
We love supporting our local community! Here’s what PNWFCU has been up to lately.
- We’re raising money for the KGW School Supply Drive to help equip kids for remote learning this year. You can stop by a PNWFCU branch or visit the Schoolhouse Supplies site to donate funds.
- We received a record-breaking 143 photo contest entries this year and are donating $715 to Oregon Food Bank on behalf of the entries. Our members shared beautiful photos of the nature in their neighborhoods.
Congrats to our top winners – Dennis Groven (1st place), Susan Southworth (2nd place), and Dan Madden (3rd place)!
- Congrats to our 2020 scholarship winners, Caroline Brandeberry and Hannah Duckwall! They’ve been awarded $1,000 to put toward their studies. Caroline is headed to Creighton University to study biology (read more), and Hannah is joining Columbia Gorge Community College’s nursing program (read more).
- Our team had the best time at Schoolhouse Supplies’ annual Celebrity Spelling Bee, sponsored by PNWFCU! This event helped raise over $162,000 for Schoolhouse Supplies. That money will provide supplies for classrooms in our community. Learn more about our support of Schoolhouse Supplies in our latest press release.
- Congrats to our team member, Judy, who received special recognition from Brett Davidson and the Parkrose School District at the January board meeting! Judy was the driving force behind our holiday toy and clothing drive for Sacramento Elementary.
- Read our Parkrose Press Release for our year-end update. We hosted a reality fair and donated over $12,000 to the Parkrose School District to support our community.
- We collected over $1,500 in gifts and warm clothing this holiday season for the students at Sacramento Elementary School. Enough to fill Santa’s Village!
Students receive a sample career and starting salary, and they visit various booths to buy basics like housing and utilities, as well as temptations like entertainment and travel packages. Throughout the day, they meet with financial counselors to review how well they are living within their budget.
Check out this video to see what a day at the reality fair is like, and what students have learned about managing their money.