PNWFCU in the Community
We love supporting our local community! Here’s what the PNWFCU team has been up to lately.
- Our team had the best time at Schoolhouse Supplies’ annual Celebrity Spelling Bee, sponsored by PNWFCU! This event helped raise over $162,000 for Schoolhouse Supplies. That money will provide supplies for local classrooms. Learn more about our support of Schoolhouse Supplies in our latest press release.
- We brought treats to our local police and fire stations to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week.
- Congrats to our team member, Judy, who received special recognition from Brett Davidson and the Parkrose School District at the January board meeting! Judy was the driving force behind our holiday toy and clothing drive for Sacramento Elementary.
- Read our Parkrose Press Release for our year-end update. We hosted a reality fair and donated over $12,000 to the Parkrose School District.
- We collected over $1,500 in gifts and warm clothing this holiday season for the students at Sacramento Elementary School. Enough to fill Santa’s Village!
- We hosted a financial reality fair at Parkrose High School to help students learn how to manage their money after graduation in a fun, interactive environment. Check out the video here!
PNWFCU hosts financial reality fairs to help high schoolers experience some of the real-life financial challenges they will face after graduation.
Students receive a sample career and starting salary, and they visit various booths to buy basics like housing and utilities, as well as temptations like entertainment and travel packages. Throughout the day, they meet with financial counselors to review how well they are living within their budget.
Check out this video to see what a day at the reality fair is like, and what students have learned about managing their money.